Help Your School!
There are many ways that you can help out Guffey School.
These things are needed throughout the school year:
- Healthy snacks like crackers, granola bars, cheese sticks, microwave popcorn
- #2 pencils
- Glue sticks
- Kleenex & napkins
- Dry-erase markers for white boards
Buy Fundraiser Items
- Firestarters: $10 for 50 cups, available at the school and around town.
- West of the Peak, by Jack Cahill, featuring historical fact, myth, and legend of the Guffey area. $15 at the school and Rolling Thunder Cloud Cafe.
- Notecard sets, featuring art by the students of Guffey School. Available at the school.
Participate in a Partner Program
The school is partnered with several organizations which return money or other benefits.
- AmeriGas and MarGas School Days Program. If you're an AmeriGas or MarGas customer, bring in your propane receipts or invoices to the school. We receive $0.02 per gallon, up to $2,000 per year, which we can use for any purpose.
- Box Tops for Education. Collect box tops from participating products and the school will receive $0.10 for each one. This raises several hundred dollars for us each year!
- Sunflower Bank ABC Program. Bank customers have several ways of generating revenue for the school.
- AmazonSmiles. If you shop Amazon.com, 0.5% of your purchases will be donated to Guffey School. All you have do to is use this link (bookmark it!) when you go to Amazon. It's the same Amazon experience you're used to, but the school receives benefits.
- City Market Community Rewards. Giving More Back to the Community! City Market is committed to helping our communities grow and prosper. Year after year, local schools, churches, and other nonprofit organizations will earn thousands of dollars through City Market Community Rewards. City Market Community RewardsŪ makes fund-raising easy... all you have to do is shop at City Market and swipe your ValueCard!
Donate to the Sustainability Fund
In 2011, the Guffey Community Charter School Board wrote a new policy which created a Sustainability Fund with the primary purpose of ensuring steady school funding across years with lower than average enrollment. The Board is responsible for managing the fund and making any disbursements. The fund depends primarily on donations, and has already been generously endowed by several community members. The Board requests that anyone interested in adding to this fund contact Frank Ruvo for more information.
The diverse citizens of Guffey are our greatest resource. Do you have a special skill you'd like to pass on? Been someplace interesting? Talk to Pam Moore about ways you can contribute.